MEDICAL EXAMINER’S OFFICE
- Serving the citizens of Buchanan County with death investigation.
- Ordering autopsies and body transports when needed and or required.
- Providing funeral homes with Permits to Cremate.
- Reviewing all nursing home and hospice death reports.
- Keeping death records and reports on file.
- Providing copies of reports to those requesting the records, including attorneys and insurance companies.
The Medical Examiner falls under Missouri State Law RSMO 58.720
The Medical Examiner’s office is under the direction of the County Commission.
The Buchanan County Medical Examiner is appointed by the County Commission, RSMO 58.700.
- Why is a body brought to the Medical Examiner’s Office?
- What is an autopsy?
- Can I prevent an autopsy from taking place?
- Will acceptance of a case by the Medical Examiner’s Office mean that organ or tissue donation cannot take place?
- When will the body be released from the Medical Examiner’s office?
- Where will the personal property of the deceased by located?
- What hours are you open?
- Is there a charge for a Medical Examiner Autopsy?
- How do I arrange to have the body released?
- Where do I obtain a copy of the death certificate?
- How can I get a copy of the autopsy report?
- Is the Medical Examiner’s Office involved in Hospice death cases?