Meet the staff of the Buchanan County Clerk’s Office (Bottom Row: Lexi Crump, Sandy Wood; Top Row: Mary Baack-Garvey, Connie Grosdidier, Kerry Peppard)
The Buchanan County Clerk’s office also serves as the Election Authority; this office is responsible for:
- Conducting all elections in Buchanan County.
- Voter registration and maintaining voter registration files.
- Administers oaths of office for all Elected Officials.
- Maintains the permanent records of the County Commission.
- Issues Auctioneer and Liquor Licenses.
- Administers oath to notary publics.
- Conducts Courthouse tours.
- Provides assessed valuations to all taxing entities in Buchanan County.
To register to vote you must be 17 ½ years of age, a US Citizen and a Missouri resident. You can register to vote in the Clerk’s office, any public library, by mail, online at the Missouri Secretary of State’s website or the Driver’s License Bureau. You must be 18 years of age to vote. To verify you are registered to vote in Missouri visit the Missouri Secretary of States website at https://s1.sos.mo.gov/elections/voterlookup/.
Additional information about voter registration, absentee ballots, past election results, election day workers, tax assessment information and more can be found on the county clerk’s website at https://www.co.buchanan.mo.us/157/County-Clerk or call 816-271-1412.
The Clerk’s office is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and can be reached at 816-271-1412.